Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Busy and Blessed



This week has been super duper!  Last p-day we went to Big Buddha (for reals...BIG) and then today we went to an Indian Buffet (and now I'm really big too). 

With it being Easter break many of our members and investigators have gone home for the holiday. And so, we thought that we would have a week relatively empty of plans, but it turns out we were just as busy and blessed as ever! 

Sarah is suuuuper excited for her baptism! We met with her this week to prepare her for and then have her baptism interview. It was awesome! She is so ready! She shared with us her testimony about the Savior and told us all about how she has changed since coming to know "our church." She said that when we would sincerely tell her that she is a daughter of God she had no doubt that he existed and that what we told her was true. She said that since she has really started to understand who she is as a daughter of God she has changed a lot and that her friends and people around her have all noticed it. Ahhh she's so great! I'm so happy for her! 

While getting on the metro the other day we ran into a man named Tom! He had met Sister Law before because he is the former investigator of some other Elders. He was super cool and nice. We got onto the train with him and sat down and ended up talking with him (all of us missing out stops) all the way to the end of the line. We helped him to better understand some of the answers to his questions that made it hard for him to believe in God like "Why do bad things happen?" and "Why is there poverty and unfairness?" We tried to answer as best we could and also explained that God truly is everyone's loving Heavenly Father. When we got to the end of the line we got off and went to the other side of the station so that we could get back on and go the other way. While waiting we decided to say a prayer together. And so we went to a bench, Sister Law and I both sat down and then he actually chose to sit on the floor pretzel style and then the three of us took turns saying a prayer. We also invited him to watch conference and hopefully continue to get answers to his questions! It was a super cool experience! I am so grateful that we were in the right place at the right time so that we met with him. 



Biggest news of the week!!! I have absolutely LOVED being Sister Law's companion! We have so much fun together!!!! I love her so much. But, I got a call this morning from President Hawks. A new Mandarin sister (this first one since I came) is coming this week and I will be training her!! Gah! I'm so scared! I don't feel like I know Chinese or any skills that I need to be able to help a new missionary. But, I am confident that the Lord will help me to do what he needs me to do! Wish me luck! 

Ok, that's it!!!! Here are some big Buddha and Indian food pictures! Love you all sooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!! But really...pray for me that I will be able to speak Chinese and train a new missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment