Monday, April 13, 2015

Training



Hello everyone! What a week!

On Thursday morning I said goodbye to Sister Law (who is now doing Cantonese work) and picked up my new trainee Sister Ellsworth!!!!!! She's awesome! She is also 19 and she comes from Arizona. She has the best attitude and is so ready to learn. I'm super excited to be working with her.

I've only been training for a few days now, but it has been such a blessing. I didn't realize how much Chinese I could speak until I was with a companion who doesn't speak a ton (two months in the MTC really doesn't teach you that much...hahah). I've also realized how much I really have learned in the 5 months I've been here. What a blessing!

Sarah is doing great! She is still super duper excited to get baptized next week! Also, she went home for Easter break and brought me back some yummy treats :)

We had some fun lessons this week. Last night we visited an investigator and her son and played "blessings." It's basically like bingo but instead of using numbers the squares have different blessings that the gospel gives us. It was super fun and her son really enjoyed it. BUT, I had the weirdest experience yesterday! SO, when I went to pick up Sister Ellsworth on Thursday we had a bit of a training meeting with President Hawks. During it he asked me and the other sister training if we have ever felt "despised". and I was like "ehhh not really..." I mean I've been rejected but not despised. But then! Yesterday while going to visit our investigator the guards to her apartment building would not let us come in. We were like "we are just going to visit a friend! She invited us" and they (yes, multiple) were yelling at us to get out! It was super weird. And then our investigator sent her son down to pick us up so that we could get in and the guards still didn't believe us. They were like "Absolutely not! Get out!" Finally they called her and she was like "Yes! Let them in!" It was so weird! haha But that's ok! Good experience I guess.

Anyways, this week was great because we got to watch GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!! SO GOOD! If you haven't seen it yet stop reading this and go watch it right now. Seriously, it's so good! We have living prophets and apostles guiding us. So awesome!

(Sorry no pictures this week!)

Ok, I think that's it!!!!!!! I love you all soooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment