Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Temple



Another great week in Hong Kong!  Everybody here is just so nice and everything else is just awesome.

On Monday we went to a place called Mong Kok and went shopping at an apple mall.  It is the cheapest and funnest shopping ever!

Tuesday we had a lesson with one of our investigators.  She wanted to see the temple so we took her there and we got to sit in the lobby.  I showed her pictures of my family and explained that the temple was so important to me personally because I am able to be with my family forever - especially since Hazel and Emmett are adopted and had to be sealed to my family.  She was really touched by the super strong spirit that was in the temple!

On Wednesday we got to do service with our Relief Society president.  There actually aren't that many opportunities to do service here so we were so excited when she called and asked if we could help her come make wedding invites for one of the recent converts!

On Thursday we went to the family history center in the wan cai church building.  We met with some senior missionaries and they helped us learn how we can teach family history to our investigators and recent converts!

Friday was zone conference!  Yay!  President Hawks is awesome!  I learned a ton but something that I really liked that he said is "A miracle won't happen every day, but there is not a day when a miracle can't happen."

Saturday I went to my first English class!  The missionaries here put on an English class for the community every week and lots of people come.  We brought one of our investigators (the same who went to the temple with us).  She loved it!

Sunday was great! We had 2 investigators come to church with us! One of them, Rebecca, has been to church 3 other times already! The lesson we had with her was so great! She really just wants to know as much as she can! Also, on Sunday night we went out finding and we passed these people burning big paper mache replicas of things (like houses, cars, etc). I guess it was some kind of ancestor worship. It was cool because it was just this giant furnace on the side of the road!

Yesterday we went over to a family's house for dinner.  They had some relatives over from mainland that they wanted us to meet! I couldn't understand anything they said...eventually I found out that they were actually speaking a different dialect! Phew...though my Mandarin is still pretty elementary.  We also had a huge miracle yesterday! So for dessert last night we had banana bread and after we ate there was about half a loaf left.  They offered it to us and I was about to be like "What no, it's your bread!" but then my companion cut me off and said "Actually that would be such a miracle. We literally do not have any food to eat tomorrow."  And she was right!  I had forgotten that we hadn't gone grocery shopping in a while and literally only had one egg in our fridge.  So yeah, we got to have breakfast this morning - yay!  It reminded me of a scripture in Alma 31:37-38:
37 And after that they did separate themselves one from another, taking no thought for themselves what they should eat, or what they should drink, or what they should put on.
 38 And the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this because he prayed in faith.

And today we got to go to the temple! We get to go once a transfer (about once every 9 weeks!). It was awesome! the Hong Kong temple is so beautiful! We are so blessed to have a temple in our boundaries that we can go to!

Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment