Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Miracle of a Mission (Last Letter)


My wonderful companions

This is my last letter (as a missionary). It feels weird. I don't think it has really sunk in that I am actually leaving. Yesterday at church was so great but also so sad. I really love the members that I have been blessed to serve with. I think very few missionaries can say that they served in the same branch their whole time as a missionary (though, my trainer did too), but I'm really happy to say that I did. Victoria III is a wonderful place and I love it!

As I have been reflecting back on this week and also on my time as a missionary, I have realized that the Lord has been constantly giving me miracles. I am so grateful for His love and support. Here are just a few of the miracles I found from this week:

-This is very simple, but it made me really happy and I even used this is a lesson yesterday and it went very well. About a week ago I ran out of toothpaste. I did not want to buy a new tube because it is so big and I would only use a little bit before I left and I would not be able to take it on the airplane. Luckily, my companions are awesome and have been letting me use their toothpaste. I was hoping to buy a travel size tube, but so far have been unable to find one. So, then I was thinking that I could probably buy one at the airport. But, buying it at the airport is always more expensive. Not that my toothpaste is super important, but I know that Heavenly Father loves us and is willing to help with the big and the little as long as we ask. I have not prayed specifically for toothpaste, but I have prayed that I would prepare well to go home and not be stressed about packing or anything so that I could just focus on missionary work. One day this week we were walking across the Wan Chai bridge. There were people handing out free samples, as always. I didn't think about taking it (I never really do), but then I saw the person next to me had taken it and it was a bottle of travel sized toothpaste! I quickly grabbed one. I know that Heavenly Father cares for us!

-I am so blessed to be called as a mandarin speaking missionary. Nothing helps boost my faith like seeing the faith of wonderful mainland members.

-There were so many times this week (and every week) when we are really pressed for time, but by some means we make it on time. Travel miracles are real!

-Yesterday, Ethel came to church!!! We have been working with her for so long. She has made baby steps, but she is improving so much. She was so happy at church and the members were so awesome with her.

-I think serving in the same branch for my whole time as a missionary is quite a miracle.

-I think being a missionary in general is a miracle. I am so grateful for the opportunity.

-The change that has happened since I have become a missionary is so big. It is definitely a miracle that a person can change (hopefully for the good) in such a short amount of time.

-And lastly, Jesus Christ's atonement is a miracle. And it gives me strength every day.

I am so grateful to serve as the Lord's representative for the last year and a half. But, I know that even when I am not wearing a name tag I am still a disciple of Christ.

Love you all!!!
I will really miss Hong Kong food!

No comments:

Post a Comment