Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Fun


I hope that you all have had a good week. We were definitely blessed with a wonderful week. I love the Christmas spirit that is about. It just makes me so happy. We are so lucky to have this time to celebrate the birth of our Savior.

Sisters Sharp and Lam
This week (just like every other week) had many miracles.

This week we also had a branch Christmas party. I think it was the best activity I have been to since serving here. There were so many people. There were a lot of members and friends, less actives and also our investigators. At the beginning everyone was just talking and waiting for the food and I was really impressed to see that everywhere there was an investigator or a less active, there was also a member talking with him. It was really great. The missionaries were in charge of the program and so we prepared a little show. We told the story of How the Grinch Stole Christmas (mom-thank you for the blow up Christmas tree....its was PERFECT!). I was Cindy LooHoo! It was a little rough (missionaries don't exactly have hours and hours of time for rehearsal) but, I think people still enjoyed it.

The biggest miracle of the week is that Guo JM was confirmed yesterday! Since we do not go to the same ward as she does, she called us after church to let us know what had happened. She said that she had come home from ShenZhen super late (like in the early morning of Sunday) and so she had to literally run to be to church on time. She said that when she sat down to be confirmed, she was still a bit out of breath, but when the blessing started all of her tiredness and whatever left and she felt completely peaceful. She is so great and I am very excited to continue helping her.

Our other investigators are doing really well too. As Christmas gets closer and closer, more and more of our investigators are getting off school and work. Since the people we teach are from mainland, they are taking advantage of this holiday season to return home and visit loved ones. I am really happy that they are able to go home, but at the same time it makes me so sad. We will continue to pray for them and I hope that after they return home we will still be able to see them. But, in the mean time I think we may get some more finding time in. It will be a great chance to meet more investigators.

Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment