Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day Miracle



Hello! This week was pretty good. It was a bit sad because we had to say goodbye to some more friends as they head back to the mainland. I'm happy that they get to go home and see their families, but I will definitely miss them!
We had an awesome last lesson with Cynthia before she went home. We discussed the Plan of Salvation. We gave her a "study journal" to use for her Book of Mormon and also a CTR ring (thank you, Grandma!)  I hope and pray that we (or whoever the missionaries here are) will be able to continue meeting with her when she gets back. Though, I do really hope I can see her again! She's awesome! 

Yesterday was Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! We had our very own Mother's Day miracle.  We have one investigator, Stella and her son who have been investigating foreverrrrrr. They haven't really been having much progress and haven't been to church in ages (like way before I got here). On Saturday night I gave them a call to invite them to church and to the activity after church (I don't know whose idea it was, but to celebrate mother's day our branch had an after church food eating activity where all the women prepared food for everyone. It was really yummy, but I felt bad that all the sisters in our branch spent mother's day making food for everyone. Sister Ellsworth and I brought Rice Krispy treats - an American delicacy!  It took a while, but I managed to get both Stella and her son to say "See you tomorrow." But, I have to be honest, I did not think that they would actually come ... I guess I had no faith. But, we did pray really hard that they would be able to make it. And then yesterday we were sitting in Sacrament meeting singing the opening hymn and out of the corner of my eye I see Stella and her son walking in!!! It was a Mother's Day miracle!
Also, i got to call my family today! That was awesome too :)

Oh, and here's a good joke (actually it's really dumb) that I learned from another missionary:
Who is the best female financier in the Bible?
Who?
The pharaoh's daughter. She went to the bank of the Nile and came back with a baby prophet (profit).
Hahahahah

We asked Hannah for some random pictures of Hong Kong streets ... this is what she sent us:

Hong Kong street on the way to do emails
Only at McDonalds in Hong Kong

Inside the boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment